Important Information about
the CoVid-19 Situation >
Conversation English (San Diego only)
(San Diego Only)
|“Conversational English” Course|
|Levels||Basic (A1) to Advanced (C2)|
|Maximum # of students per class||8|
|Lessons per week||8|
|Schedule||Monday‐Thursday, 1:30 p.m. ‐3:10 p.m.|
|Start dates||Any Monday|
|Course length||Students can choose how long they want to stay in the course; the minimum is 2 weeks.|
|Language focus||Conversation, vocabulary building and pronunciation|
The goal of the Conversational English Course is for students to become confident and fluent when using English in everyday situations.
Students in the course focus on building vocabulary and perfecting pronunciation with lessons that emphasize useful vocabulary, targeted pronunciation practice, and conversational application.
Use English to Communicate
students use English to express ideas, gather information, give opinions, report information, and more.
Collaborate with Others
students work with their classmates, allowing them to practice their English communication skills, learn from their peers, and get experience communicating with people from other cultures.
Identify Strengths and Weaknesses
since students are actively using English in many different ways, this course helps students to identify what they can do well and what they need more practice in.
- Teacher Feedback: students receive frequent feedback from their instructors on their progress.
- Small Classes: the maximum class size in the English in Use Course is 8 students, so students get a lot of personal attention and feel comfortable in a small group
- Engaging and Dynamic Projects: each week features a different project that encourages students to use English to accomplish something; example projects include an interior design proposal, a debate, a presentation on American cuisine, a story‐based podcast, a greeting card pitch, a film review, and more!
Students who enroll in the Conversational English can also enroll in…
- Standard (Monday‐Friday 9:00 a.m. ‐ 12:40 p.m. )
- Executive English (Monday‐Friday 9:00 a.m. ‐ 12:40 p.m.)
- TOEFL Preparation (Monday‐Friday 9:00 a.m. ‐ 12:40 p.m.)
- IELTS Preparation (Monday‐Friday 9:00 a.m. ‐ 12:40 p.m.)
- Cambridge English Preparation (FCE or CAE; Monday‐Friday 9:00 a.m. ‐ 12:40 p.m.)
- Private Lessons (flexible times)
Note: Students taking any 20‐lesson per week course and who are requesting an I‐20 for a student visa will also need to take either an Afternoon Elective or attend a 1.5 hour Study Hall session each week in order to meet the 18‐hour per week minimum requirement for the student visa. One lesson = 50 minutes. For more information about U.S. visas, please read the information here or contact us directly using the online inquiry form.